Halibut is a great fish for the grill because it is so versatile and can take on so many different flavors. This recipe is loaded with garlic and herbs that flavor the fish without overpowering it.
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces/170 g each)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL dry basil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper
Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt and pepper and pour into in a resealable bag. Add halibut steaks, seal bag with and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat grill. Remove halibut from bag and place on hot grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes per side. Fish is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees F. Remove from heat and serve with your favorite grilled vegetables.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|