Grilling carrots are quick and easy, but if you want to add some flavor you are going to need to baste them. This sugary glaze goes on at the very end so it won't burn, but it will make some great grilled carrots.
- 1 dozen whole carrots (peeled)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL orange juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine orange juice, brown sugar, and butter in a saucepan. Simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill and oil the cooking grates.
- Place carrots on grill over a medium heat.
- Grill the carrots, turning occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes depending on the size of the carrots.
- As carrots start to soften, brush with glaze.
- Continue cooking until glaze starts to darken on the carrots (about 3 to 4 more minutes).
- Remove, season lightly with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|