This is a quick and easy way to prepare a goose on the grill without a rotisserie or too much work. By splitting the goose in half you can expose all the meat to the flame and get it cooked quickly, which will keep it from drying out.
- 1 goose
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) onion powder (use less if desired)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat grill. Wash and pat dry goose with paper towels. Cut goose in half, directly down breastbone. Rub breast with olive oil. Combine garlic, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Rub mixture onto goose, inside and out.
2. Place goose halves on grill over a low fire, skin side up. If you are using a gas grill, place a piece of foil under the cooking grate where the goose will sit. After about 15 to 20 minutes, turn over and continue grilling until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
3. Remove from grill, place onto cutting board, loosely tent with aluminum foil, and let sit for about 10 minutes. Carve into smaller pieces and serve.