|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
See Full Nutritional Guidelines Hide Full Nutritional Guidelines
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
These vegetables are good enough to be a meal all by themselves. They also make an excellent side dish for grilled meat or added to sandwiches, wraps, and pasta.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 small summer squash
- 1 each red and green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 20 medium mushrooms
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt (use less if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried thyme
- Gather the ingredients.
- Wash vegetables.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, thyme, and oregano together in a large plastic or glass bowl.
- Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch thick circles.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Cut peppers into small squares.
- Cut onions into wedges.
- Toss vegetables with oil mixture.
- Coat evenly.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill.
- Place everything on the hot grill grate.
- Cook 10 to 20 minutes, brushing remaining oil mixture over the vegetables every few minutes and turning to cook evenly.
- Remove vegetables from grill once they are tender.
- Serve on a platter with feta cheese and olives for an appetizer or as a side dish to grilled meats.