|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These vegetables are good enough to be a meal all by themselves. They also make an excellent side dish for grilled meat or added to sandwiches, wraps, and pasta.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 small summer squash
- 1 each red and green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 20 medium mushrooms
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt (use less if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried thyme
- Gather the ingredients.
- Wash vegetables. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, thyme oregano together in a large plastic or glass bowl. Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch thick circles. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Cut peppers into small squares. Cut onions into wedges. Toss vegetables with oil mixture. Coat evenly. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Place everything on hot grill grate and cook 10-20 minutes brushing remaining oil mixture over the vegetables every few minutes and turning to cook evenly. Remove vegetables from grill once they are tender. Serve on a platter with feta cheese and olives for an appetizer, or as a side dish to grilled meats.