This pork loin roast is marinated in beer and honey, making it tender and flavorful. To save money, use pork loin instead of pork tenderloin. Also, pork loin has more fat so it will stay moist under the heat of your grill.
- 1 2 1/2 to 3 pound/1.1 to 1.3 kg pork loin roast
- 1 can beer
- 1/2 cup/120 mL honey
- 1/3 cup/80 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup/60 mL onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL dried rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Place roast in a large zip-top plastic bag. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork. Seal bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove pork from bag and place on a rotisserie over a drip pan. Reserve marinade.
- While pork is cooking, simmer marinade for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and baste roast with it every 20 minutes until cooked through (once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Roast should cook for 1 1/2 hours or so.
- Once cooked, remove roast from heat and let sit for at least 5 minutes before carving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|