A great partner to grilled fish, endives offers so much more than just a component to the salad. With the right marinade and grilled to perfection, you won't think twice about adding this vegetable to your menu. Keep a close eye on it as it grills, to ensure that it does not burn or overcook. Try these with a good quality chunky blue cheese dressing.
- 6 endives, halved
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL white pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and thyme in small bowl. Brush mixture onto both sides of endive. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place onto grill.
- Cook for 6 minutes turning once. When endives have wilted and are lightly browned, remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||17 g|