These pork chops should be thick and meaty because the marinade that gives them flavor is more than capable of turning them into something spectacular. A good, thick rib chop or center cut loin chop will work perfectly, but whatever you have is going to turn out great.
The combination of honey for sweetness and ginger means that these pork chops will have a perfectly caramelized surface. Grill them hot and fast, but don't overcook.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the pork chops in a shallow glass dish.
- Pour marinade over chops, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Remove the chops from glass dish and discard marinade.
- Place pork chops on a lightly oil grill rack and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once.
- Once internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F/65 degrees C, the until the pork chops are done.
- Remove from the heat, let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite sides.
If you want, split the batch of marinade. Use half of it as directed above, and pour the rest into a saucepan to simmer while the pork chops are grilling.
When you are ready to serve, pour the rest of the sauce over toppings. This marinade is fantastic served over plain white or brown rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|