|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||39%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This grilled flank steak recipe is a great make-ahead meal item. You can marinate it overnight and have it ready for dinner the next day. Serve with sauteed onions or potatoes to finish it off.
- 1 flank steak, about 2 pounds (900 g)
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
1. Place the flank steak in a resealable plastic bag. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over steak. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove steaks from bag, making sure to reserve marinade. Place the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Place flank steaks on a lightly oiled grill grate and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from heat, drizzle with sauce, and serve.