This grilled jerk-style fish recipe is fantastic! If you want to make it spicier, just add another chopped jalapeno to the seasonings.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL allspice
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients, besides catfish, in a large bowl.
- Add fish to the bowl, coat well, cover the bowl and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove fillets from bowl making sure to reserve marinade.
- Place fish on a lightly oiled grill grate, brush with half the marinade and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn fish, brush with remaining marinade, and cook for additional 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from heat on the internal temperature of fish reaches at least 145 F and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||55 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|