|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Fillets (4 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 55g||70%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||39%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This grilled jerk-style fish recipe is fantastic! If you want to make it spicier, just add another chopped jalapeño to the seasonings.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL allspice
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Combine all ingredients, besides catfish, in a large bowl.
Add fish to the bowl, coat well, cover the bowl and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature.
Remove fillets from bowl making sure to reserve marinade.
Place fish on a lightly oiled grill grate, brush with half the marinade and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
Turn fish, brush with remaining marinade, and cook for additional 7 to 9 minutes.
Remove from heat on the internal temperature of fish reaches at least 145 F and serve.