This is a delicious herb marinated grilled jumbo shrimp recipe. The secret to grilling shrimp is to keep a close eye on them. Shrimp cook fast enough for you to keep the lid up and an eye on them at all times. Overcooked shrimp are rubbery so take them off the second they are done.
- 2 1/2 pounds/1.2 kg jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup/60 mL
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chopped cilantro (substitute with flat leaf parsley)
- 1/2 medium shallot, diced
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- pinch of white pepper (optional)
1. Peel and de-vein shrimp. Blot dry with paper towels and place into a resealable plastic bag.
2. Combine marinade ingredients together and pour mixture over shrimp. Seal bag and place into refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. No longer as the acid from the lemon juice will begin to soften to shrimp.
3. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Right before placing shrimp on grill, oil grill grates well. Make about four passes to create a non-stick surface.
4. Remove shrimp for bag and discard marinade. Place shrimp of grill and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until they appear pink and firm all the way around. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Serve with a little extra chopped cilantro or basil on top.
5. Depending on the style of your grill it might be easier to thread these jumbo shrimp onto skewers before grilling. Place about 4-5 shrimp onto each skewer and cook as instructed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|