Lamb is best marinated. Any type of marinade can make an inexpensive cut of lamb tender and juicy. This recipe for marinated, grilled lamb chops is one of my favorites. You can make it on the grill, stovetop, or even in a crock pot. Serve it over rice, fried potatoes, or with a salad and you have a healthy, quick meal!
- 2 lbs lamb chops
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combines spices, lemon juice, and oil in medium bowl. Add lamb chops and marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes each side on the grill or under the broiler in the oven.
- You can also make them in the slow cooker, cooking on low for 8 hours. The slow cooker really makes the meat tender and gives the spices time to really soak into the lamb.
- Serve with white rice, salad and pita bread. You can also serve with fried potatoes for an informal meal or cookout.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||71 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|