This grilled lamb recipe features thick steaks cut from the leg, first marinated, then grilled, and topped with a simple but memorable minted honey vinaigrette that really enhances the lamb's rich flavor.
- For the Lamb:
- 4 lamb steaks (cut from the leg, about 1 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground)
- 2 tablespoon tarragon (fresh chopped)
- 2 tablespoon mint (fresh chopped)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh chopped)
- Garnish: salt to taste
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Garnish: salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
In a large baking dish, combine the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, cumin, pepper, tarragon, mint, and rosemary. Mix well and add the lamb steaks, tossing to coat. Once evenly coated, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Lamb steaks may be marinated over night.
Add the vinaigrette ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine; reserve
Preheat your grill or grill pan. Remove steaks from marinade, scrap off the garlic and herbs, lightly oil and salt both sides generously. Grill about 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare (will vary depending on thickness). Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with the minted honey vinaigrette spooned over the top.