Light and refreshing, this grilled halibut has the simple, delicate flavors of lemon and basil. Serve over a bed of rice or pair with grilled vegetables.
- 4 halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL capers
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Season fish with salt and black pepper and place onto grill. Cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Let vinaigrette sit while fish is cooking. When halibut is cooked, remove from heat and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve with your favorite grilled vegetables.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|