|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: serves: 4-5|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 47g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||58%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Even though this chicken wing recipe is intended as an appetizer, it works equally well with larger pieces of chicken. Thighs and drumsticks are delicious as the lemon flavor penetrates to the bone
- 3 lbs /1.3 kg chicken (wings)
- 2-4 large garlic (cloves finely minced)
- 1 cup/240 ml. lemon (fresh juice)
- 1/4 cup/60 ml. olive oil
- 1 tsp./5 ml. dried thyme
- For the Brine:
- 1/2 cup/120 ml. salt
- 1/2 cup/120 ml. sugar
- 1 quart/1 L water
- Gather the ingredients.
- Mix the salt, sugar and water together. Put wings in one gallon, resealable plastic bag along with the brine and allow to marinate in fridge for about an hour and a half. Discard brine.
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking and grill wings turning occasionally so as to brown evenly.
- While wings are grilling prepare the lemon sauce. On a cutting board sprinkle a little salt on the minced garlic and mash together to form a paste. Heat the oil and garlic together in a saucepan over low heat for a couple of minutes to allow the garlic to become very aromatic. Mix the oil and garlic with the lemon juice in a glass baking pan (or bowl) and set aside.
- When wings have about 15-20 minutes left (total grilling time should be an hour to an hour and a quarter) remove them from grill and roll them around in the lemon sauce and return to grill. After another 10 minutes baste the wings with the lemon sauce.
- When the wings are ready coat them one last time with the lemon sauce and serve them puppies up.