|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||42%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 4 halibut steaks (1-inch thick)
- 3/4 cup/180 mL fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL coarse ground black pepper
- Garnish: 4 to 6 lime wedges
Gather the ingredients.
Place halibut in a glass baking dish and coat with lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
Add cilantro and red pepper flakes and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Place halibut on preheated grill over a medium-high fire. Grill until opaque through the center, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Baste frequently with butter sauce while grilling. Serve with lime wedges.