This halibut is basted in a rich butter sauce loaded with fantastic flavor. You can serve this grilled fish by itself or use it in salads or fish tacos.
- 4 halibut steaks, 1-inch thick
- 3/4 cup/180 mL fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL coarse ground black pepper
- 4-6 lime wedges for garnish
- Place halibut in a glass baking dish and coat with lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add cilantro and red pepper flakes and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place halibut on preheated grill over a medium-high fire. Grill until opaque through the center, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Baste frequently with butter sauce while grilling. Serve with lime wedges.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|