This is a quick and easy grilled Mahi Mahi with a nice mix of lime and cilantro. While perfect all by itself, these Mahi Mahi fillets are fantastic in fish tacos.
- 4 6 oz./180 mL mahi-mahi (fillets)
- For Marinade:
- 2 limes (juice)
- 3 tbsp./45 mL soy sauce
- 2 tbsp./30 mL ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp./30 mL oil*
- 1 tbsp./15 mL (chopped fresh)
- 1/2 tbsp./2.5 black pepper
- 1/4 tsp./1.25 mL salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bow. Pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add mahi-mahi fillets. Turn to coat. Release air, seal bag, and place into refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high and thoroughly clean the cooking grate. Remove fillets from marinade and hold on to the marinade. Place fish fillets on grill. Grill for about 6 minutes or until opaque in appearance. Pour a little of the reserved marinade on the uncooked side. Flip and continue grilling for an additional 6 minutes or until the fish flakes easily through the middle (look for an internal temperature of 145 degrees F). Remove from heat and serve immediately.
*Choose an oil with a high smoke point.