- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds/680 to 900 kg. flank steak
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter
- 1/4 cup/60 mL beef broth
- 1/4 cup/60 mL dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL minced scallion tops
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL sea salt
Cut 1-inch diamonds about 1/8 inch deep in both sides of the flank steak.
Combine crushed garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar salt, and black pepper in a small non-metallic bowl.
Place steak in a resealable plastic bag.
Pour marinade over steak, making sure all surfaces are covered.
Seal bag, letting out any excess air and place into the refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours.
- To prepare sauce: Melt butter and mix together with beef broth, dry red wine, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and scallions. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Remove steak from bag and discard marinade. Grill steak about 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Once cooked to desired doneness, remove steak from grill, let rest for 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into thin strips and serve with sauce on top.