These meatball kebabs are great by themselves or as a filling for a fantastic meatball sandwich. If using these kebabs as a filling, just add some provolone cheese and marinara sauce, and you'll have a great sandwich.
- 1 pound/450 grams ground beef
- 1 large onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup/60 ml milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes then squeeze out milk from breadcrumbs.
- Combine beef, cheese, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add bread crumbs and blend well.
- Shape ground beef mixture into 16-18 meatballs, about 1-1/2 inches around.
- Skewer one meatball at a time alternating with pieces of onion and bell pepper.
- Place kebabs on a lightly oiled grill grate and allows for cooking for 10 minutes, rotating every 2-3 minutes.
- Once meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 F/ 74 C, remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|