|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||29%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
You might not expect to find a meatloaf on the grill, but when the weather's great and the grill is available, why not?
This flavorful meatloaf is an easy preparation, and it is cooked on the grill. Try to keep the grill temperature steady at a medium heat of around 350 F/180 C and use a heavy-duty disposable aluminum pan or double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
Top the loaf with purchased barbecue sauce or the optional glaze, or use a homemade barbecue sauce. You'll find the optional glaze recipe in the tips and variations.
Serve this meatloaf with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. Add a pie with ice cream for dessert for an entire meal.
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the grill to about 350 F or medium heat for coals.
Combine the ground beef, pork, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, onions, salt, and pepper, then mix until well blended.
On a double piece of heavy-duty foil or in an aluminum pan, fashion the meat mixture into a loaf.
Brush with barbecue sauce if desired.
Grill the meatloaf over indirect heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until it registers at least 160 F on an instant-read thermometer. Note: 160 F is the minimum safe temperature for ground meat. The minimum safe temperature for ground pork is 145 F.
Serve and enjoy.
- Optional Glaze for Meatloaf: Combine 1/3 cup of ketchup with 2 tablespoons of prepared mustard and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Instead of barbecue sauce, brush the top of the meatloaf with ketchup or chili sauce.
- Use a chopped frozen seasoning mix (onions, celery, peppers, carrots, etc.) in place of the chopped onions. Thaw or briefly sauté before adding to the meat mixture.
- Replace the soft breadcrumbs with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of oats or fine dry breadcrumbs.
- Oven Method: Bake the meatloaf in a preheated 350 F oven for about 1 hour; brush with the glaze and bake for another 15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.