|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Medallions of beef tenderloin marinated in an Asian inspired marinade, grilled hot and fast, then served in a sweet mango, white wine sauce. The grill brings out the mildly spicy, yet sweet flavor of this dish. This is excellent served over white rice and with grilled vegetables of your choice.
- 4 beef tenderloin medallions (1 1/2 inches thick)
- For Marinade:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lime juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL honey
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ginger (fresh, minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL curry powder
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cup/120 mL mango (pureed)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL wine (white)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL beef stock
- 1/4 cup/60 mL shallots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL water (warm)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sugar
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients of the marinade. Place beef tenderloin in a large resealable bag. Pour marinade over top. Turn to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile dissolve the tablespoon of sugar in the warm water. Pour vegetable oil into a sauté pan. Add shallots and cook, stirring for one minute. Add white wine, sugar water, mango and beef stock. Simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Remove medallions from marinade and grill to desired doneness. About 5 to 6 minutes per side. Place beef on serving plates and top with warm sauce.