- 4 beef tenderloin medallions (1 1/2 inches thick)
- For Marinade:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lime juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL honey
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ginger (fresh, minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL curry powder
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cup/120 mL mango (pureed)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL wine (white)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL beef stock
- 1/4 cup/60 mL shallots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL water (warm)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sugar
Combine all ingredients of the marinade. Place beef tenderloin in a large resealable bag. Pour marinade over top. Turn to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Meanwhile dissolve the tablespoon of sugar in the warm water. Pour vegetable oil into a sauté pan. Add shallots and cook, stirring for one minute. Add white wine, sugar water, mango and beef stock. Simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
Preheat grill. Remove medallions from marinade and grill to desired doneness. About 5 to 6 minutes per side. Place beef on serving plates and top with warm sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|