|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This flank steak is loaded up with great Moroccan spices. The marinade will keep it tender, but you want to grill this steak hot and fast.
- 4 pounds/1.8 kg flank steak
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup/120 mL lemon juice
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 1/2 cup/120 mL minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sherry
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL turmeric
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sea salt
Mix all the ingredients except the flank steak together and mix well. Place the flank steak in a shallow baking dish or resealable bag with the marinade for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Remove steaks from marinade and reserve.
Heat the marinade in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
Cut steaks diagonally into thin slices. Pour marinade over steaks and serve.