This deliciously grilled cod has a fantastic, buttery flavor and texture. Serve with your favorite grilled potatoes or vegetable of your choice. This dish makes the perfect weeknight meal, and any leftovers can be flaked and added to soups or stews.
- 4 cod fillets, about 6 ounces/170 g each
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white wine
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt (use less if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In small skillet melt butter. Add onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add white wine and let simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Brush fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on a well-oiled grill rack and cook for 8 minutes.
- Baste cod with butter sauce and carefully turn. Cook for an additional 6 to 7 minutes or until fish is opaque and reaches an internal temperature of 145 F. Baste fish a total of 2 to 3 times during cooking process.
- Remove cod from heat, top with lemon wedges, and serve with your favorite sides.
- Store any leftover cooked fish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after initial cooking. Use in soups and stews.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|