This grilled pheasant has an almost satay quality to it. The soy and peanut glaze is a wonderful addition to this dish. Serve with rice or grilled vegetable kebabs.
- 1 whole pheasant
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanut butter, creamy style
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chicken stock
1. In medium sauce pan, simmer all ingredients, except pheasant, for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. Brush half of marinade onto pheasant reserving the other half for basting. Cover, and allow to marinate for 1 to 2 hours in refrigerator.
3. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place bird on a well-oiled grill grate. Cover and cook for 50 to 60 minutes, or when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Baste bird with reserved marinade after 15 minutes of cooking and again at 30 minutes. Remove pheasant from grill, slice, and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|