|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||43%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This grilled pineapple sundae not only makes a delicious dessert but a spectacular dish to grill. Quick and easy, it'll impress your guests and leave plenty of time to socialize. Serve this with a generous scoop of ice cream and warm caramel sauce.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) melted butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 gallon (2 liters) vanilla ice cream
1. Combine brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and cinnamon and mix until even. Brush mixture over pineapple slices.
2. Place pineapple slice on preheated grill over a high heat and grill for about 1 minute per side or until browned.
3. Remove from grill and immediately top with a scoop of ice cream and serve. These are best if the pineapple is warm when you eat it.