A wonderful rustic pumpkin pizza with a light smoky flavor. What better way to celebrate Autumn than by utilizing this truly versatile ingredient.
- 1 1/2 cups smoked pumpkin sauce
- 1 pizza dough (frozen or fresh pizza dough)
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup Pecarino cheese (shaved)
- 3 tablespoons flour (or cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Sprinkle half the flour or cornmeal onto a large cutting board.
- Place a softball sized ball of dough on top.
- Using hands, shape dough into an oblong shape about 9 inches long and 7-8 inches wide.
- Place dough onto the grill and cook one side for 4-5 minutes. Do not cook the other side.
- Remove pizza crust from grill, place onto a cookie sheet and on cooked side, slather on 3/4 cups/180 mL of pumpkin sauce.
- Return pizza to grill with uncooked side down.
- Cook for an additional 7-9 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.
- Remove pizza from grill and top with 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil, arugula, halved cherry tomatoes, and shaved Pecorino cheese. Slice and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|