- 3 or 4 pork shoulder blade steaks, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (3 1/2 to 4 pounds/1.8 kg total)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL dry white wine
- 1/4 cup/60 mL peeled garlic cloves, smashed and slightly chopped
- 5 teaspoons/25 mL lemon peel, grated
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL bottled capers, drained
- 5 teaspoons/25 mL Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chopped Italian parsley
Combine wine, garlic, lemon peel and 3 tablespoons juice, 3 tablespoons capers, mustard, 2 teaspoons cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl.
Place pork in single layer in 2 1/2 gallon resealable plastic bag or large glass baking dish. Pour wine mixture over pork. If using bag, close bag to seal. Turn bag or pork over in dish to coat with wine marinade. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or in refrigerator for up to 1 hour,
Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat for direct grilling. Remove steaks from marinade, brushing off any large pieces and reserving marinade. Transfer marinade to small sauce pan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute; remove from heat.
Grill steaks, uncovered, for 6 to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning steaks over halfway during grilling and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Transfer steaks to carving board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon capers. Cut into serving pieces before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories: 300 calories Fat: 16 grams Saturated Fat: 6 grams Cholesterol: 95 milligrams Sodium: 840 milligrams Carbohydrates: 4 grams Protein: 30 grams
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|