|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||47%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Coated with a flavorful crust of herbs and other seasonings, this grilled pork roast recipe is simply delicious. Since this is a bone-in pork roast, remember to wrap the bones with aluminum foil. This helps to prevent excessive burning and ensures a better presentation when the meat is plated. Great for special occasions, but well priced for any weeknight meal.
- 1 pork rib roast, about 3 pounds/1.4 kg
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh marjoram (finely chopped)
- 3 sage leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL coarse ground black pepper
Rinse roast with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place on large baking sheet.
Combine olive oil, lemon, juice and cooking wine in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Coat entire roast with mixture. Make sure to get every inch of the meat. Cover rib bones with aluminum foil.
Preheat grill for medium high heat, place roast on grill over indirect heat and cook for 2 to 3 hours or until internal temperature at thickest part of roast reaches 145 degrees F/65 degrees C.
Once cooked, remove from heat, tent with aluminum foil and allow roast to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
Carve pieces between the bones. This will give you a nice thick piece of pork. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Store leftovers in an airtight container and reheat either in a conventional oven or microwave.