This is a fantastic way to get barbecued pork without a smoker and several hours of cooking time. You'll end up with a tender, delicious pork dinner that is perfect as the main attraction or sliced and added to sandwiches, with a nice helping of creamy coleslaw.
- 2 pounds (900 g) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) paprika
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) cayenne
- 6-8 hamburger buns
- Garnish: barbecue sauce
1. Mix together dry ingredients and rub into tenderloin. Let sit for 4 hours.
2. Preheat grill.
3. When grill is hot place tenderloin on grill and cook indirectly for about 35 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 160-165 degrees F/70 to 75 degrees C), turning occasionally, but be careful not to dislodge too much of the rub.
4. When done transfer to a cutting board, let rest for 5 -10 minutes, and cut into thin slices.
5. Serve on buns with warmed barbecue sauce and top with coleslaw.