This is a quick and easy recipe for grilled potato skins. This dish is perfect for summer barbecues or Super Bowl parties. Serve with either a ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce.
- 8 medium Yukon gold (or 8 small russet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup/240 mL cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sour cream
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 4-5 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL butter
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine rosemary, butter, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut potatoes in half. Hollow out the center of each half. Place potatoes in the microwave for 6-7 minutes. You might need to do this in batches so the potatoes cook faster.
- Remove and brush potatoes with butter mixture.
- Place potatoes on grill rack skin side up. Grill for 5 minutes, turn, and grill for 3 minutes.
- Add cheese to wedges and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill, and top off with crumbled bacon, onion, and sour cream.
These are simply delicious with the added burst of flavor from a ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|