|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6-8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||76%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
What else is there to say except it's prime rib and it's delicious. This dish is best served with a nice blue cheese or horseradish sauce.
- 1 5-pound (2.3 kg) standing prime rib roast
- For the Seasoning Rub:
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter (unsalted, room temperature soft)
- 1 tablespoons (15 mL) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh marjoram (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) black pepper (coarse ground)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Take out rib roast, trim excess fat, and allow to stand at room temperature 45 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat grill. Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and thoroughly coat prime rib roast with mixture and transfer to grill.
- Cook over indirect medium heat for 2 to 3 hours. Rotate roast occasionally for even cooking.
- Once the roast is cooked (internal temperature of at least 145 degrees), remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.