|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6-8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||76%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
What else is there to say except it's prime rib and it's delicious. This dish is best served with a nice blue cheese or horseradish sauce.
- 1 5-pound (2.3 kg) standing prime rib roast
- For the Seasoning Rub:
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter (unsalted, room temperature soft)
- 1 tablespoons (15 mL) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh marjoram (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) black pepper (coarse ground)
Take out rib roast, trim excess fat, and allow to stand at room temperature 45 minutes before grilling.
Preheat grill. Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and thoroughly coat prime rib roast with mixture and transfer to grill.
Cook over indirect medium heat for 2 to 3 hours. Rotate roast occasionally for even cooking.
Once the roast is cooked (internal temperature of at least 145 degrees), remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.