This red pepper shrimp is ideally served as an appetizer for any cookout. You can also serve this shrimp in quesadillas, tacos, or over fresh greens.
- 2 pounds/900 g shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 3/4 cup/180 mL olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon/5 mL hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp, toss to coat, cover and place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove shrimp from bowl, reserving marinade. Thread 4 to 6 shrimp onto each skewer and place on the grill. Cook for about 3 minutes per side. Brush shrimp with reserved marinade early in cooking process. Once fully cooked, remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||43 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|