|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Fillets (4 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||26%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These red snapper fillets are grilled up in packets with a flavorful salsa mixture. You can choose a mild, medium, or spicy salsa for this dish depending on your taste.
- 1 pound (450 g.) red snapper fillet
- 2 cups (475 mL) green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cup (360 mL) salsa
- 1 cup (240 mL) chopped onion
- 1 cup (240 mL) pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dry red wine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) capers
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
Add salsa, wine, lemon juice, oregano, cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Preheat grill. Take four 12 inch pieces of aluminum foil. Place 1/4 of the snapper on each piece. Top with 1/4 of the sauce. Fold up aluminum foil to form packets.
Place fish packets on grill and cook indirectly for about 30 minutes. Check that they are done (internal temperature of 145 to 150 F.) and serve with lemon wedges.