These red snapper fillets are grilled up in packets with a flavorful salsa mixture. You can choose a mild, medium, or spicy salsa for this dish depending on your taste.
- 1 pound (450 g.) red snapper fillet
- 2 cups (475 mL) green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cup (360 mL) salsa
- 1 cup (240 mL) chopped onion
- 1 cup (240 mL) pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dry red wine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) capers
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add salsa, wine, lemon juice, oregano, cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill. Take four 12 inch pieces of aluminum foil. Place 1/4 of the snapper on each piece. Top with 1/4 of the sauce. Fold up aluminum foil to form packets.
- Place fish packets on grill and cook indirectly for about 30 minutes. Check that they are done (internal temperature of 145 to 150 F.) and serve with lemon wedges.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|