|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||11%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy grilled salmon can be fixed with either salmon steaks or fillets. The dill, garlic, and lemon marinade flavors the salmon then acts as a basting sauce.
Grill the salmon on an oiled gas or charcoal grill, or cook the fish in a stovetop grill pan.
Plan to let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before cooking. This makes a fabulous meal with hot cooked rice or simply serve the fillets with a salad. A pea puree is an excellent vegetable dish with salmon.
- 4 salmon steaks or fillets
- For the Marinade:
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place salmon in a shallow, non-reactive dish. Combine marinade ingredients; pour over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grill salmon directly over medium coals, basting with the boiled marinade, for about 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.