- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) large scallops
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped flat leaf parsley
- Combine lemon juice, salt, pepper flakes, minced onion, and minced garlic in a large bowl. Add scallops and coat with the mixture.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place plancha onto the grill and allow it to heat until it begins to smoke. Add olive oil and heat for additional 1 minute.
- Place scallops (with lemon juice mixture) onto the pan and let them cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side. Once scallops are cooked through (internal temperature of 130 degrees F.) and they look opaque in color, remove the pan from heat and set onto a wooden or heat resistant surface.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|