This is a wonderful yet simple way to prepare sea bass. The garlic butter sauce blends nicely with the mild flavor of this light and tender fish. Serve with rice and grilled vegetables for a complete meal.
- 2 pounds/900 g sea bass
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL butter
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 mL fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL sea salt
- To prepare butter sauce, combine butter, lemon juice garlic, and parsley, in a small saucepan. Remove from heat once butter has melted.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Right before placing fish onto grill, make sure to oil the grill grates. This can be achieved by using a large pair of tongs, folded paper towels and a high smoke point oil. Olive oil will work in a pinch. Dip paper towel into oil and run across the grates at least 3 times to create a non-stick surface. This will keep the fish from breaking during the cooking process.
- Combine onion powder, garlic, paprika, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture on both sides of fish.
- Place fish onto the grill and cook for 7 minutes. Turn fish and coat with butter sauce. Cook for about 7 more minutes.
- Once fish reaches an internal of at least 145 degrees F., remove from heat, drizzle with olive oil, and serve with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|