|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||27%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy to prepare jalapeno dish is a great appetizer for any cookout or party. Make sure to use gloves when handling the jalapenos.
- 16-18 jalapeno peppers (stems and seeds removed)
- 1/4 pound (110 g) of shrimp
- 1/4 pound (110 g) crab meat
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion (finely diced)
- 3 slices bacon (sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a small skillet, sauté bacon pieces, garlic, onion and olive oil for 2 minutes.
2. Add crab, shrimp, salt, and pepper, and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Remove bacon pieces from skillet.
4. Preheat the grill for medium heat.
5. Stuff one piece of bacon and some of the seafood mixture into each jalapeno.
6. Place on a lightly oiled grill grate and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally so all sides are cooked. Remove from heat and serve.