These grilled shrimp are marinated in a delicious sweet and citrus marinade, grilled, and served with a dipping sauce.
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 10 uncooked extra-large shrimp (about 10 ounces), peels on
- 2 cups (475 mL) thinly sliced bok choy or Napa cabbage
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Whisk soy sauce, mirin, sugar lemon juice, oil, ginger, and lemon zest in a shallow glass bowl to blend.
- Add shrimp and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain marinade into small saucepan and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove sauce from heat and let cool slightly.
- Preheat grill. Grill shrimp until just opaque in center (shrimp should be pink and firm to the touch), turning occasionally, about 3-5 minutes.
- Divide bok choy or napa cabbage between 2 plates, top each with 5 shrimp, and drizzle with a liberal amount of warm sauce and serve. You can also serve the sauce on the side if you'd prefer.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|