|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A well-balanced mixture of lime juice, garlic, onion, earthy cumin, and the deep richness of chipotle peppers, these skirt steak tacos are truly fantastic. We recommend grilling the meat over charcoal to really bring out the flavors.
- 2 pounds/900 g skirt steak
- For the Marinade:
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/3 cup/80 mL vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL paprika
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- For the Topping:
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup/240 mL corn salsa
- 1/3 cup/80 mL cilantro (chopped)
- Garnish: prepared guacamole
- 3 large green onion (finely chopped)
Place skirt steak in resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Pour over skirt steaks, making sure to evenly distribute marinade all over the meat. Seal bag and place into refrigerator for 2 to 5 hours.
If using a charcoal grill, you want a two layer fire, with the coals nice and hot. Place marinated steaks onto grill grate and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, with the lid off. Make sure to watch it closely as these steaks cook quickly.
Once cooked through remove from fire and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain into thin strips, serve onto warmed tortillas, and top with corn salsa, sliced green onion, guacamole, and chopped cilantro.