This is a great way to make some fantastic grilled chicken without spending a lot of time. Just marinate the chicken pieces for about 30 minutes and before you know it you're grilling.
- 1 whole chicken cut-up
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil (or canola)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) nutmeg
1. Combine soy sauce, sherry, oil, garlic, ginger, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well.
2. Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Add 1/2 of the marinade and mix. Let chicken sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat grill. Drain chicken. Heat the 1/2 reserved sauce to a boil in a pan while the chicken grills. Grill chicken until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Pour remaining marinade over the chicken before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|