The best way to cook tuna steaks is on a very, very hot grill. If you have good quality fillets, you won't need to get them anything more than warmed through the middle. While this is a "spicy" tuna steak recipe, feel free to adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to suit your tastes.
- 6 small tuna steaks (6 ounces/170 g each)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL olive oil
- 1/3 cup/80 mL lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chopped cilantro leaves
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 small shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne pepper (use more or less if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon/6.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL black pepper
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the cilantro, garlic, shallots, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper , and salt. Mix well.
- Place tuna steaks in a large resealable bag or a glass baking dish. Pour marinade over top. Turn to coat and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush the cooking grate of your grill with oil and then preheat.
- Place tuna steaks on grill over a high heat. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and serve with remaining cilantro
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|