- 1 pound squid (cleaned)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Heat grill.
- Rinse squid under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut squid bodies lengthwise down one side and open flat. Cut tentacles in half if large.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add squid bodies and tentacles, tossing to coat.
- Thread squid bodies lengthwise onto skewers so they lie flat. Thread tentacles onto separate skewers.
- Grill over high heat, turning once, until just opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove squid from skewers and pile on a platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Source: "The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook" edited by Susan Westmoreland (Hearst Books), used with permission.
You Also Might Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|