This luscious recipe for Grilled Steak with Herb Butter is wonderful. You can serve the flavored butter with any grilled meat. As it melts into the hot steak, the aroma that drifts up is irresistible! Ribeye steaks are my favorite to use in this recipe. Remember, you can't store herb butter for more than 2 days. If you want to keep it longer, you must freeze it for food safety reasons.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 Tbsp. butter, softened (NOT margarine)
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 rib eye steaks OR salmon steaks
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except steaks. Process or blend till mixture is even. Cover the blended butter and chill this mixture and then form it into a roll 1" in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm, up to 24 hours. For longer storage, freeze the butter.
- Prepare and preheat grill. Grill steaks 6" above medium coals, turning once with tongs, until steak is cooked to desired doneness and salmon flakes when tested with fork. OR place on broiler pan and broil 4-6" from heat source for 10-15 minutes, turning once with tongs, until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Let the meat sit for about 5 minutes before serving, then slice the chilled butter and place on top of the hot steak, letting it melt into the meat.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||54 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|