This is nice and simple strip steak seasoned with a garlic and oregano wet rub. This recipe would go well with any grilled vegetables, whipped mashed potatoes, and perhaps some grill shrimp or lobsters for surf and turf option.
- 4 strip steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper, ground
- Combine minced garlic, olive oil, and dried oregano in a bowl. Place steaks on a large plate and coat well on both sides with mixture. Cover lightly with plastic and place in refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before going onto the grill. This will help the meat come up to temperature before coming into contact with heat.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat
- Remove plastic wrap from steaks and season both sides of meat with salt and black pepper.
- Place steaks on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired doneness. Once cooked to preference, remove from heat and set onto a cutting board. Lightly tent with aluminum foil. Do not wrap tightly. Let steaks rest for 7-10 minutes. Slice and serve or serve steaks whole with your favorite side dishes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|