This is a nice change from the traditional roasted turkey. These delicious turkey breasts are stuffed full of mushrooms, goat cheese, bacon and more.
- 1 7-10 pound/3 to 4.5 kg boneless turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 8 slices of bacon
- For the Stuffing:
- 10 ounces/280 g frozen spinach (thawed)
- 4 ounces/110 g goat cheese
- 2 ounces/55 g Shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 ounces/55 g sunflower seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL nutmeg
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Rinse turkey breast and pat dry with paper towel. Place a sheet of plastic wrap under and over the turkey, so that it is covered.
- With heavy pan or kitchen mallet, flatten turkey breast evenly.
- Squeeze excess fluid from thawed spinach.
- Coarsely chop and add to mushrooms, sunflower seeds, goat cheese, pepper, nutmeg, and eggs.
- Remove turkey from plastic wrap and season with minced garlic and black pepper. Fill breast with stuffing and fold making sure to keep intact. Use twine or toothpick to keep breast closed. Top with bacon slices.
- Place turkey breast on a roasting rack. Set over the burners that are NOT turned on. This will cook the turkey indirectly.
- Close lid and let cook until internal temperatures reach between 160 to 165 degrees F/70 to 75 degrees C. Usually about 20 minutes per pound.
- Remove turkey breast from the grill, cover, and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Discard bacon, twine, or toothpicks before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|