|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 65g||83%|
|Saturated Fat 30g||148%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is about as authentic of a Tandoori chicken recipe as you can get without a Tandoor (Indian ceramic oven). If you haven't tried Tandoori Chicken you really owe it to yourself.
- 2 pounds/900 g chicken legs, skinned and scored
- 1 cup/240 mL plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup/80 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, pureed
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon/ 30 mL sea salt
- 1 tablespoon/30 mL Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons/7.5 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/7.5 sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon/2.5 mL curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL almond slivers
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL chopped cilantro leaves
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare chicken legs by removing skin and scoring meat two times across the meatiest part.
- Place legs into a resealable plastic bag.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except almond slivers and chopped cilantro leaves, until well combined.
- Pour over chicken, making sure each piece is well coated.
- Seal bag and place in refrigerator for four to eight hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade, and place legs onto the grill.
- Brush with marinade during the first 20 minutes of cooking and no later.
- Legs are done once the internal temperature reaches 165 F (45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Once legs are cooked through, remove from heat.
- Top with slivered almonds and chopped cilantro before serving.