|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 65g||83%|
|Saturated Fat 30g||148%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is about as authentic of a Tandoori chicken recipe as you can get without a Tandoor (Indian ceramic oven). If you haven't tried Tandoori Chicken you really owe it to yourself.
- 2 pounds/900 g chicken legs, skinned and scored
- 1 cup/240 mL plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup/80 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, pureed
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon/ 30 mL sea salt
- 1 tablespoon/30 mL Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons/7.5 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/7.5 sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon/2.5 mL curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL almond slivers
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL chopped cilantro leaves
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare chicken legs by removing skin and scoring meat two times across meatiest part. Place legs into resealable plastic bag. Mix remaining ingredients, except almond slivers and chopped cilantro leaves, until well combined. Pour over chicken, making sure each piece is well coated. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 4-8 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade, and place legs onto grill. Brush with marinade during the first 20 minutes of cooking and no later. Legs are done once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (45 minutes to 1 hour). Once cooked though, remove from heat and top with slivered almonds and chopped cilantro before serving.