This garlicky, tarragon chicken goes great with grilled potatoes or vegetable kebabs. It's simple, quick and full of fresh flavors.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white wine
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL white pepper
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag (or shallow glass dish if preferred). Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Seal bag and allow to marinate in a refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from dish and discard marinade. Place chicken on a lightly oiled grill rack and cook for 7 minutes per side or until internal temperature of chicken breast (at thickest part) reaches 165 degrees.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from heat and serve with your favorite sides. If using in salads, let chicken breasts cool for 10 to 15 minutes and store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days after cooking.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||56 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|