- 2 pounds/900 kg tuna (yellowfin, sliced thinly)
- 1 cup/240 mL soy sauce
- 1 cup/240 mL sake
- 1/2 cup/120 mL wine (dry white)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL sugar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL tomato paste
- For Garnish:
- 2 green onion (finely chopped)
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over tuna.
- Cover and marinate for 30-45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let the sauce simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Grill tuna slices for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Make sure grill is good and hot so the fish can sear quickly.
- Once cooked, remove from grill and place tuna on a serving dish.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over top and garnish with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve with rice and grilled vegetables.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6,938 g|
|Saturated Fat||1,803 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2,128 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|