This trout recipe calls for a delicious butter-herb basting sauce that will have your dinner guests asking for seconds.
- 4 rainbow trout, about 12-14 ounces/340-400 g
- 1/2 cup/120 mL unsalted butter
- 2 lemons, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon juice
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- Optional: black pepper to taste
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add lemon juice and cilantro. Set aside.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Season inside of fish with salt and black pepper. Add 2-3 slices of lemon, one sprig cilantro, and 2 teaspoons of herb-butter mixture in each fish. Place trout on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once. Baste with remaining butter sauce throughout the cooking process.
Remove and serve with chopped tomatoes on top.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|