|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 to 3 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||21%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Grill these delicious tuna steaks on the charcoal or gas grill or use a stovetop grill pan.
Serve the tuna on a bed of spring greens, pea puree, or pea shoots along with roasted new potatoes or rice for a delicious and light summer meal. Use sushi-grade tuna for the very best flavor.
I grill tuna for about 2 minutes on each side, so it is still quite rare. Grill it longer if you like, but if tuna is cooked for too long it will be more like dry canned tuna.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Dash garlic herb seasoning
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna steaks
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a jar or covered container; shake to mix well. Put tuna in a food storage bag; add about 4 tablespoons of the mustard mixture. Seal the bag and let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Brush the grill with olive oil and heat. Remove the tuna from the marinade and pour the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring marinade to a full boil; remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill the tuna over high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until done as desired. Drizzle with the hot marinade, if desired.