These grilled turkey chops or tenderloins are flavored with an exotic combination of Jamaican seasonings, soy sauce, and pineapple.
Thick turkey breast chops are an excellent choice for the grill, or use turkey tenderloins in the recipe. The tasty Jamaican seasonings flavor the mild turkey nicely, and the turkey is a refreshing change of pace from chicken or beef.
- 1 lb. turkey breast chops or tenderloins
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple slices or chunks in juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large plastic storage bag or in a tightly covered plastic container. Shake or stir to coat turkey chops well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before grilling.
- Remove turkey from marinade; pour marinade into a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Keep warm while the turkey is on the grill.
- Grill turkey chops over hot coals for about 4 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Put turkey on a serving platter and top with hot pineapple chunks and a little of the hot marinade.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|